Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
In addition to servicing heating and air conditioning units, commercial HVAC repair companies also provide other services. Air quality systems, which clean the air via filtration mechanisms, and geothermal heat pumps, which use the constant temperature of subterranean earth to more efficiently heat and cool indoor areas, are two other services that commercial HVAC repair specialists provide.
Air Quality System Installations
Commercial HVAC companies can help ensure the cleanliness of air by using a number of different products.
- Air Cleaners- Air cleaners filter contaminants out of the air either mechanically or electronically. Mechanical cleaners are placed at the mouth of ventilation systems in order to keep larger contaminants from entering the air. Electronic filters, which can be installed anywhere, are designed to collect smaller and potentially more dangerous molecules that mechanical filters cannot collect. Smoke, hazardous fumes, and bacteria are a few substances that electronic filters can remove from the air.
- Humidifiers- Humidifiers are also important for air cleanliness because humid air is more conducive to bacteria and other contaminants. To mitigate the health hazards of humid regions, commercial HVAC repair specialists can install humidifiers to remove moisture from the air.
- Ultraviolet Light Systems- Another way to ensure that work environments have clean air supplies is with ultraviolet light. Commercial hvac repair specialist can install ultraviolet lights in existing duct systems that eliminate germs and other bacteria filters might miss.
Geothermal Heat Pump Installations
Geothermal heat pumps channel heat to and from the ground into indoor environments to more effectively manage ambient temperatures. This particular kind of heating/cooling system is more effective than traditional systems in a few respects.
- Lower Electricity Consumption- The primary advantage of geothermal heat pumps is that they consume considerably less electricity than conventional heating systems while providing similar, or better, temperature maintenance. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, buildings equipped with geothermal heat pumps save as much as 70% in heating costs in colder months, and up to 50% on cooling costs in the summer months.
- Lower Maintenance Costs- Workplaces outfitted with geothermal heat pumps incur roughly 30% of the maintenance costs of buildings equipped with standard heating and cooling systems. Though installations are pricier than conventional systems, geothermal heat pumps can actually pay for themselves in relatively short time in lieu of such cost savings.
Though air quality and geothermal heat pump installations are not among the most common services requested from commercial hvac repair companies, they are certainly some of the most important. Need to know more? Contact a company like MG Mechanical Contracting, Inc.